Blogger continues to mystify me. I would dearly like to change my link color, but am left confused. I’ve got changing the headers down, but I find last sentences suddenly large and overwhelming. Instead of blending in, they knock you down.
My sewing machine knocked me down yesterday. It ate a thread, into the upper mechanism of the machine instead of the lower. I’ve never had that happen before, and this modern machine end cover doesn’t just flip open. Yes, I ran “Bernina 1008” through Google and YouTube. Not one video told me how to take my machine apart. I had an educated guess. George was able to open up the machine and remove the tattered thread bits when he got home from the museum.
Yes, I am determined to finish this quilt. It may be the last quilt, but it is going to get done. The big bird near the top is done. It looks really fine, if I may say so myself.
Today, instead of quilting, I’ve been reading the two subscription papers I get every day. The NY Times and the Washington Post grabbed me with their one dollar a month offers. And I’ve been eating. Gained a pound too, darn it.
“Can I help,” I call out toward the kitchen.
“No, I’m fine,” he calls back. And his scrambled eggs were really good.
So instead of being knocked down, I’m off to invent bushes and leaves behind that nice big shiny crow.
- Himself: CBS Sunday Morning, computer time and space time. Remember that G grew up in that part of the world.
- Myself: CT results say no metastasis yet tho there is some small growth. I watch TV and my newspapers. Sew too. Meeting tonight.
- Reading: Bujold.
- Watching: National G, To Catch a Smuggler.
- Photo: Mine: Portrait of Michael at the Getty in LA. I like it.
- Weather: Watery sunshine. 60’s F.
- Gratitude’s: Hair cut somewhere.