Bobbie, who often drew her family as a murder of crows, now has her own in-house, quilted crows.
It’s taken me almost forever to finish this piece. I really should take out the binding and do it again, but I’m not going to do that. From 2017 when I began piecing the center panels to now has been five years. That’s a long time to make a quilt in the quilting world. Some quilters finish a king sized quilt in a weekend. Many send their quilts out to be quilted. I certainly did neither.
I despaired of finishing this work. The quilting was ragged, the gold thread broke so often I was pulling my hair out, and I knew my old Bernina had developed a hatred of me.
For a while, I hated the quilt. Never have I done something I disliked as much as I did this work.
In the end, I plowed onward. G’s suggestion that I work on it for half an hour a day, got me moving after a long hiatus. Sometimes I would even work two hours in a row. Yesterday I worked, tho very poorly, three hours. In the end, I like it. It’s ok. The quilting saves it.
- Himself: Do-mess-ticity: Bake bread, add grout to the shower, do a load of laundry while playing in space.
- Myself: Photographing the quilt. Blogging, reading the blogs of others.
- Reading: Finished the new Evanovich and ordered volume 2 of Harry Potter. I gave my copy to Zoe. No I can start to reread the series.
- Watching: Project Runway then to Catch a Smuggler on NG. Pure gar-bage.
- Photo: Mine and G’s.
- Weather: Chilly, in the fifties, and sunny.
Last updated November 07, 2021