I only just remembered this is a thing, so yeah. Let’s see how many I miss this year :P
Ten (10) random facts about you.
- I have had disjointed thumbs for as long as I can remember - they snap in and out of place for some reason. Apparently it’s a thing.
- My left arm is very flexible. I can reach around up to my back and touch the back of my head. I’m a freak.
- In more body-issues, I was born with an undescended testicle. I could feel it in my lower abdomen. My parents had me booked in for an operation before I hit puberty to put things back where they were meant to be. I still remember the pain of not being able to walk properly again for about 2 months and having to pee in a bedpan in the hospital. Things are okay now although I’m always worried as I have a higher risk of developing testicular cancer because of the operation, so I have to keep an eye on them.
- I was raised highly religious and even was a Christian camp councilor, travelled 2 hours each way every second Sunday (as soon as I got my licence at age 17) to attend a church service in Brisbane and another one in Toowoomba from my country childhood home. Now I am far from religious because of hatred toward me when I realized I was gay.
- I’ve had 4 boyfriends, but none for about the last 13 years, mostly because I’ve become commitment-phobic, liked playing the field, and am very out of practice. I’ve never found myself very interesting so thought why would another guy? (^insert RuPaul quote here^)
- I’m nearly 37 and still don’t own my own home. Part of me gets upset about it and another part of me wonders if I ever will, not just because I feel house prices are too extreme for me, but because of practical reasons too. I’d love to have pets and do my own things to a property but not owing means I can rent and live pretty much anywhere. But then again it’s not like I’ll be raising a family or leaving it to anyone when my time is up. Anyway, this is a never-ending struggle.
- I don’t have a large group of friends or like going out much. I live a pretty introverted lifestyle and only really venture out each time I decide I’m wasting my life. I’d rather not be in big crowds and have to wait for bar service and use gross bathrooms.
- I look on the bright side of most things in life. Yeah bad things happen but not everything is as terrible as it could be. I’m not sure where that comes from. Maybe my mum.
- I was a school captain in Year 10 and a Prefect in Year 12 (different schools).
- I gym to keep my mental health in check. It works most of the time.
I probably missed more interesting things but oh well