One Crazy Day to the Next in My life....I can't make this shit up!

  • July 9, 2020, 11:56 a.m.
  • |
  • Public

Yesterday was a crazy ass day. The fight with the boss was just the start!! After I got off the phone with her and I dealt with the difficult ass case manager that I cannot stand, I thought “ya know, it’s going to get better.” I was wrong.
I knew I had a GoToMeeting at 1, and for some reason my camera on my laptop wasn’t working. I spent an hour googling and researching and trying to figure it out. I did everything from updates to uninstalling and re-installing drivers and checking for more updates. I finally look at the very bottom of one of these forums and it says “if your device has a camera button, make sure it is on.” Are you fucking kidding me?! I look at my laptop keyboard and there it is. A camera with a line through it. I pushed it and my fucking camera came on!! How the actual?! I felt stupid.
Then 20 minutes before my meeting my speakers stop working. So, I start with the drivers. I uninstall, restart and reload and BOOM, sound! Great!
I turn on my Camera and do a 2 second recording to make sure everything works. Yup. All working.
I log onto the meeting. Microphone not working. WTF!!!?? I thought maybe it was just GoToMeeting, but after the meeting I went to camera and nope. Not working. This time I spent FOUR FUCKING HOURS trying to fix it. I could not fix it. Nothing seemed to work. This computer is only 3 months old, what the hell! At this point I’m exhausted and can feel the beginnings of a migraine coming on. I close the computer, take the dog out, and go lay down. Cam was great, he came in to make sure I was okay, to see if I needed anything, and (more importantly to him) to ask if he could have the last Reeses. I know I wasn’t feeling well, because I said yes!
I stayed in bed for an hour and a half until Brian came home. He gave me a couple alieve and some pepsi. After about a half hour I felt alright enough to get up and make dinner.
I spent the evening on the couch, watching TV and playing on my phone. Then, all of a sudden the closed laptop starts making crazy weird sounds! I open it up and figure out the Microphone is now suddenly kind of working. I dig around in the computer some more and somehow (no clue how) make it stop.
I went old school and video called my mother on facebook messenger. She couldn’t hear me. I found some headphones with a microphone, plugged it in, and she could hear me. WTF!? I know I need to have someone who knows computers look at this thing. Of course I look at the Warranty and hardware/software isn’t covered. So I purchase the expanded warranty and wait for the e-mail.
I got an e-mail today on how to submit a request ticket. I plan on doing that, just not today.
Today’s already been frustrating enough. But that’ll be for an entry later today or tomorrow. For now, back to work.

You must be logged in to comment. Please sign in or join Prosebox to leave a comment.