House Update...Or Not in Diary

  • Nov. 14, 2017, 10:10 a.m.
  • |
  • Public

Dear Michelle,

I am sorry for the delay in replying. I wanted to wait another week to give them chance to finalise on this matter. I have today sent an email to the Purchaser’s solicitor advising that you wish to complete as soon as possible and although you are aware that if you were to remarket the property it would start the whole transaction again you feel that it would be quicker than there client completing. I received a response to say the person dealing with the matter is on leave until further notice!

I have therefore sent it to the property team in the hope that someone will pick it up and matters will move forward. I have diarised it again for next week as I will write to them to say that if completion does not take place within 14 days then you will be remarketing the property, subject to your agreement.

Kind Regards,

THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME! Why the hell didn’t the person on leave “until further notice” pass this onto someone else when we’re so close to finalising everything? Fucking nightmare. I wish I had never moved out, this is a complete joke. I don’t know how much longer I can continue to pay for two properties; it’s been two months so far and I’m tied into my flat until March now FFS. The only reason I moved out at the end of September was because the buyer “DEFINITELY” wanted to completed before 17th October, and I wanted to comply and keep him happy. Now I’m just being dicked about and I can’t describe how pissed off I am. The whole house buying / selling business is a massive pain in the arse as you can be left in the lurch quite legally. The house has been on the market since January and I accepted this offer on 1st August. It should have all been done and dusted months ago!

edit thank you to everyone who has suggested I take legal action against the buyer to recoup my costs (including my dad who has bought and sold houses before so I thought he would know). Sadly, here in England, there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it as the buyer hasn’t actually signed his contract. I believe the law is different is Scotland where the seller had more rights. Bollocks to it. I’ve been waiting for life to give me a break since October last year and I’m so tired of it all now! I’m literally ready to just lay down and give up.


Last updated 6 days ago


Lucretia 6 days ago

Christ, that's horrendous!

history of love 5 days ago

This is horrible. I really hope you can get an answer about if it's going or needs re-listed or what. What a bloody nightmare.
(Scotland is v g for some things it must be said. It's odd how there can be so many differences)

You must be logged in to comment. Please sign in or join Prosebox to leave a comment.