There are only a few Thanksgiving pictures in my collection to prove I’ve celebrated the holiday. Here’s one with an unsliced turkey. This is also the year that I dropped the salt cellar into the dressing. Didn’t I tell you that story?
I always loved my grandmother’s turkey stuffing. I was never able to duplicate it tho.
This year, I did the usual; Torn up dried white bread, minced celery and onion, sage, chicken broth, and lots of butter. Just a little salt too, except this year the top came off the salt shaker. All that salt went right into the stuffing. I tried to get it all out without losing too much bread, but I knew I wasn’t successful. I baked it, served it, and golly gosh, the moment I tasted it, I knew I had duplicated gramma’s stuffing at last.
- Himself: Gone North to pickup Zoe, back down to get their badges, by here to pick up me, and return north to take Zoe home again.
- Myself: Read, travel with G and Zoe for a while and eat Chinese for dinner.
- Reading: Harry Potter 5.
- Photo: Top: Back of theh cottage for a big Thanksgiving feast. Bottom: 1984 family at Laka’S for Thanksgiving; Mother and Bob in the back.
- Weather: 62F and sunny. Glorious.
- Gratitude’s: So glad I am here to share this day with you.