Our day will be like this only at home. Quiet, I hope. The car carrier passing us by, someone else setting up the chair cushions. I’ll grab a moment or two at the sewing machine to draft golden leaves. It’s only when I get to the middle of the quilt that you will hear cuss words as I struggle with the masses of fabric through the tiny center of the machine.
Yesterday we ran one errand. More chocolate covered espresso beans were needed. None to be had at Ross, Target, or Ralphs. Yes, I took a book and sat in the car. Yes Trader Joe’s had nice fat ones, so we are set for the moment.
Sometimes all I can do is laugh at us.
- Himself: His hand is better by the week. Lots of work on it helps. He’s reading and playing space games but can’t walk because of his bad knee, darn it. He and two customer service folks got me signed in to my prescription site with a first name of M.
- Myself: Feeling appallingly fat.
- Reading: Moon.
- Watching: KPBS: Local things: Ken Kramer’s San Diego, Crossing South, and during the commercials…Mecum Auto Auctions.
- Photo: Mine, September in Coronado.
- Weather: The morning coastal fogs have burned off and now the word is gorgeously sunny.
Gratitude’s: That I’m here to tell you how wide I am.