I started this project without a plan. That’s never good. Slowly it starts to come together in my mind as I stitch. I’m not at all fond of the heavy two piece center – which is too small for the final work. So only now, when I can see the end, am I trying to balance the quilting and the fabric blocks. I’m outlining the big crow in a satin stitch, and I’ve got all the tree leaves smaller at the top than at the bottom. That should help.
George is still posting Afghanistan pictures to his blog. He’s the cute little blond boy in the midst of the camels. We are both truly appalled by the horror of the withdrawal. There had to have been a better way than this Vietnamesque departure.
The news is filled with the Covid Delta Variant updates. I’ve stopped going in to Costco instead taking my book and reading while G shops. There are a few things I’d like from Target, and I am torn about going inside the store. Then again, Ralphs delivers groceries.
- Himself: He goes to the museum today.
- Myself: Quilting. Reading.
- Reading: I’ve moved on to Moon. Now reading the four books of “The Serrano Legacy.”
- Watching: Netflix: A new family cookoff show.
- Photo: The Quilt: Mine: Front and back.
- Weather: Socked in with clouds to start.
- Gratitude’s: That however slowly it is happening, my thinking is waking vs. this quilt.
Last updated August 28, 2021