The sun is out, the skies are blue tho smoky, and the day is a perfect day for the beach. So we went down to the beach and got our booster shot and breakfast. Overpriced breakfast but a free shot.
I’ve been attempting to quilt. No matter how hard I try nothing has worked right. The machine ate the threads again and again. Needles broke. It’s been very discouraging. I fought, and it fought back. Perhaps there is a song in there. Finally today, something came together and it all worked. A couple of days ago, I liked it. Today I don’t. Ah well.
George works hard on his hand, and I forget to do all my exercises. Perhaps this is the balance for our day.
- Himself: Retired into space. One of his fellow game players is a Comic Con aficionado too.
- Myself: Reading the last of the Bujold space opera. What really good stuff. I’ve got a new one waiting for me on the Kindle, but G is reading it. Quilting and reading.
- Reading: Bujold.
- Watching: KPBS: “In Their Own Words,” Jim Henson.
- Photo: Beach sketch, mine, 1982.
- Weather: Perfect.
- Gratitude’s: The sewing machine working again, Shots, G, Bujold, Breakfast out.
Last updated August 25, 2021