Saw both the surgeon and hematologist this week.
Monday was the surgeon, unfortunately he did not have a final lab report back. The mass was contained in the uterus but the pathological is indicating something so they sent it out to John Hopkins for second opinion. The dr was very nice and apologetic that he didn’t have a definitive answer. Leaning toward a high grade endometrial stromal sarcoma, a rare type of cancer. He doesn’t like to speculate but he is thinking 1a and depending on results different ways to treat. He was really, really nice, and apologetic that he didn’t have a definite answer so we could make a plan. I am healing properly and I have to see him in two weeks and hopefully by then we can have a plan. Treatment would not start until I am completely healed.
Wednesday I saw the hematologist and he ordered another blood test but in two weeks. At first he asked if I could do it that day and I said yes. He looked over my supplements that I am taking, asked how long I had been taking it and said to stop it for two weeks and then get the blood test because maybe there is something in the make up of the supplement that could have caused the high white count. He also asked if I would send him the ingredient list as well. My bones are fine from the biopsy and my white blood count was always good until I had the pain that sent me to the hospital, so we shall see.
So the waiting game begins again.