My next door neighbor mobile home caught on fire yesterday. She didn’t clean her dryer vent while trying to dry clothes and the dryer went up. The fire followed the hose from the dryer and went under the mobile home and caught the underpinning on fire. By the time my husband and I got home at 5 the fire department already put it out. Only the underpinning burned inside the mobile home has some smoke damage but the fire didn’t burn inside the mobile home. I don’t know if they can fix it or not.
When my dad was alive he always told me to turn off the dryer all electronics before I leave my house. My dad’s aunt burned to death in a house when he was a kid and he dad never forget it. My dad died in 2018 of a heart attack. I am still very careful my husband says I am paranoid and says I have an irrational phobia. I rather be safe than sorry.. if my neighbors were not in the house when it happened they couldn’t have fought the fire the way they did.