Work Updates in Staying Connected

  • Jan. 29, 2021, 5:27 p.m.
  • |
  • Public

This past Wednesday I busted out the 31 treatment plans that my old job was requesting from me. If I was focused, I probably could have done it in 2 hours (considering the majority of the work was copying and pasting), but it probably took me closer to 4 hours because I fiddle farted my way through it.

Yesterday I had set an appointment with one of the office staff from my old job to drop off the treatment plans and “complete a few missing signatures” from my files. I didn’t really have a concept of what this meant, but I was hoping it was pretty straight forward. I left my place around 11am and was imagining I’d be back between 12:30 and 1pm, since it’s about a 45 minute commute. WRONG. When I got there, the office staff brought out a stack of around 50 client files, in no particular order, and showed me four sheets of paper, each with a long list of client names. Each of those names represented a signature that I needed to add to a file.

I spent the next two and a half hours hunting through the stack of files to locate the correct one (and then the correct page within it) so I could add one of the hundreds of missing signatures. Ugh. Many of the missing signatures were from things that I had previously been told did not require signatures, which just added a layer of irritation. But it’s done now!!

I had originally planned on spending the afternoon hours studying for my licensing exam. As I mentioned, I created a “study plan” that includes dates and times for studying. This means that I am now behind the schedule that I created for myself. I am not okay with that, so today I am going to try to squeeze the three and a half hours of studying in between clients. It should be manageable, because I have a three hour gap between my first and second client, but it’s still annoying. I would usually use that time to clean up my house and do the dishes. I prefer a laid back life, not a jam packed one.

Last night my daughter woke up crying, like, 6 times. It wasn’t just crying either; it was more, like, screaming in fear. She would sit in her bed, yelling, “Ahhhh! Moooom!!” with tears streaming down her sweet cheeks. It just kept happening, hour after hour. I felt really bad for her. I think she’s having nightmares. At one point she asked to get in bed with me and my husband, and we let her because it was clear she was genuinely scared. I didn’t check the time, but I’d guess she stayed with us for about an hour before she actually requested I put her back in her bed. I love that kid.

The last piece of news is that I received a text from my work yesterday asking how many more clients I can take on my caseload. I recently learned that one of my coworkers, who has about 9 clients, is going to be leaving the organization. I’m guessing they want to give me a bunch of her transferred clients. This is good news for me! I am currently seeing between 15 and 18 clients per week, and I told them I have room on my caseload for 5 more. If I see 20 clients per week, then I can take home about $2,100 per month. It’s not a huge paycheck considering my education, but it’s enough to meet the needs of my family right now. So that makes me happy.

I don’t know how much of a raise I will get when I get licensed (hopefully in May), but I’m guessing it’s going to be a significant raise. I am hoping at least $10/hour, which comes out to around $10,000 per year (if I continue to meet with 20 clients per week). Not bad. And that’s if I stay with this job. I believe I can sidestep to a different job (once my new baby grows a bit) and make significantly more than that.

All right, well I better jump in the shower now. Happy Friday, everyone <3

Last updated January 29, 2021

You must be logged in to comment. Please sign in or join Prosebox to leave a comment.